By Dr. Russ,
Use these “Bussterisms” – Dr. Russ Buss original and useable “OPTIMISM QUOTES OF THE WEEK” – to “Bussterize” pessimism - pulverize a negative, hopeless, helpless thought by replacing it with a positive, energizing and motivating one as if to turn dust mites into “stardust.”
Ten Bussterisms for the Week of September 27, 2010
1. A bully with a log of “dog doo-doo” pasted to his cheek becomes a “silly, smelly bully.”
2. When you thank a bully for calling you a name, the bully appears kind rather than mean and loses his bully power.
3. Consider that underneath the hard mean outer crust of a bully is a hidden persona that feels terribly vulnerable about something.
4. Teach your children to ask what they CAN do for YOU and THEMSELVES.
5. Learn to stay your course while adapting to change by constantly connecting and reconnecting the dots between the past, present and future.
6. Learn to pray for the strength to take on life’s challenges and difficulties.
7. Pessimism keeps us trapped in the comfort of inactivity, afraid to take on the risks inherent in optimistic action.
8. Every life crisis contains at least one golden opportunity.
9. Look for a golden opportunity in the “storage attic of the mind” full of passions past, discarded daydreams, and many previous impossible nay possible definitions of YOU.
10. You do not need to know everything to get started on a new life path, but you do need a torch of passion to light the way.